J M Taylor has partnered with Quilter Cheviot to create a unique range of investment solutions managed on Standard Life’s Wrap platform.
The J M Taylor Managed Portfolio Service (MPS) offers clients accessible, diversified exposure to global financial markets through a range of discretionary portfolio strategies investing solely in collective funds.
Managed exclusively for the J M Taylor Investment Committee, the service is founded upon the three core principles that underpin Quilter Cheviot’s approach to MPS:
- Follow a robust investment process
- Deliver compelling, risk-adjusted performance
- Provide a high level of service
Operating within a defined risk framework, Quilter Cheviot’s experienced investment team and substantial resource of dedicated research analysts seek to analyse markets, identify future trends and position the portfolios to best exploit them. At the same time, the team remain cognisant of controlling cost, with each portfolio strategy incorporating the minimum allocation to index tracking funds agreed with the J M Taylor Investment Committee.
- Managed by Quilter Cheviot, who launched their ground breaking MPS in 2001. The service enjoys a strong, demonstrable track record that stretches across a variety of real market conditions and multiple business cycles.
- A range of five investment portfolio strategies designed to meet different client investment objectives and risk profiles whilst also seeking to control costs.
- A service that invests solely in collective funds, incorporating the best ideas of Quilter Cheviot’s open-architecture selection process from across the active and index-tracking fund universes.
- Dynamically managed asset allocation decisions driven by Quilter Cheviot’s dedicated Asset Allocation Committee.
- An investment framework that combines a market-leading research capability with the unparalleled experience of one of the largest and most experienced Multi Asset Analyst Teams in the UK.
- Monthly portfolio factsheets and investment commentary.
You should remember that the value of an investment and the income from it can go down as well as up. The return at the end of the investment period is not guaranteed and you may get back less than you originally invested.
The J M Taylor Investment Committee is responsible for the mandates which define the J M Taylor MPS and the underlying investment portfolio strategies.
Quilter Cheviot’s investment management team is responsible for constructing and managing the portfolio strategies to deliver the investment objectives of the J M Taylor Investment Committee mandates.
The Investment Committee and the investment management team meet formally once a quarter to review the performance of the portfolio strategies, the changes that have been made, as well as to reaffirm the mandates currently in place.
Rigorous research forms the foundation of the J M Taylor MPS investment process, which seeks to achieve an optimal risk-adjusted return for each portfolio strategy. This is obtained by following a three stage approach to portfolio contsruction:
Strategic asset allocation: structuring the portfolio to reflect long-term investment themes.
Tactical asset allocation: portfolio adjustments to exploit short-term market opportunities.
Fund selection: identifying the most attractive fund for the desired exposure.